Global Head Science & Promotion Skin Care at DSM Nutritional Products
Health & Nutrition
Mathias holds a Ph.D. in Pharmacy from the University of Basel, with a postgraduate in Marketing from KS St. Gallen. Before joining the cosmetic industry, he gained business experience in various positions across several industries (Pharma, Diagnostic).
He joined DSM through the acquisition of PENTAPHARM. Until 2017 he held the position as Head of Global Marketing for Skin Care at DSM and was responsible for creating and executing the global growth strategy. Since 2017 he is responsible for the global research for bioactives and vitamins with his team. At the same time, he took over the scientific lead for DSM’s activities in the skin microbiome field. His working experience focuses on:
• Leading multifunctional and cross segmental teams
• Designing innovative products based on customer and consumer value propositions
• Acquisition and successful post-merger business integration
• Global working experience with deep cultural awareness & network, focus markets Japan and US
• Extended experience in portfolio management with more than 30 global product launches.
He is member of the Swiss SCC and the US SCC, and the Swiss Society of Industrial Pharmacists.
In his spare time, he involves himself in coaching of young scientific talents as a foundation council at https://sjf.ch/.
Besides that, he likes to spend quality time with his wife and his 3 children, and you will find him often in the Swiss mountains, either with his skis or his Nikon camera.
Life motto: Walk the talk